RULES/TERMS & CONDITIONS
This is a 48 Hour Film CHALLENGE, we want to see your weird and bizarre short creations. Perfection is not the aim.
We are excited to see your creativity, ingenuity and originality. Have fun!
Please read the following before Registering. If your film does NOT meet this criteria then it might not be eligible for judging or to be shown during the Festival!
- The primary focus of your film must be physical puppetry.
- Individuals/teams must register for the Challenge in advance.
- All films entered must be original and made over the Challenge weekend 2023.
- Entries must include the Challenge prompts – ACTION – ITEM – THEME (to be confirmed at 7pm (BST) on Friday 15th September 2023.
- All films must include a TITLE CARD and CREDITS.
- All films must state in “Made for the Bristol 48h Puppet Film Challenge 2023”
- Maximum film length is 3 minutes and 30 seconds. This time INCLUDES TITLE CARD and CREDITS.
- You must use royalty free or original music. We can’t play films with copyrighted music!
- The use of premade puppets is allowed, but we do encourage original builds.
- Submission deadline is 7pm (BST) on Sunday 17th September 2023.
- Age Awards – To qualify for these additional awards at least one team member must fall in one of the two age categories – Under 15 and 16 to 21 year olds – and they must play a big part of the creative process. These are extra awards to highlight these age groups. All films submitted into the age categories will automatically be entered into the main Challenge as well.
Terms & Conditions
By Submitting a film to the Bristol 48h Puppet Film Challenge you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
- You give Puppet Place and the Bristol 48h Puppet Films Challenge the right to use your submitted film in all future screenings, promotion/advertising/marketing and fundraising events related to the Challenge and Puppet Place.
- By submitting a film you agree and adhere to the Rules (see above). Films that do not comply with the rules, will be disqualified and not shown.
- The Bristol 48h Puppet Film Challenge has the right to refuse any film if it is deemed inappropriate (see below).
- The Challenge will not tolerate any form of online or in person hate, abuse, harassment and mistreatment of its participants, viewers and organisers. If anyone goes against our inclusive and supportive ethos then that person/film/group will be disqualified from the Challenge and blocked from online platforms and in person venues. Be nice folks!