2023 Submissions will open when the challenge begins on Friday 15th September!
How to Guide
We recommend allowing at least an hour to submit your film.
Follow the link above to a filmed guide on how to submit. The film was made for the 2021 event so the dates have changed, but the process is the same.
1. Submissions must be made using FilmFreeway. Before you submit your film you will need to create an account, this is quick, easy, free and should be done in advance of the Challenge so that it doesn’t hold you up as the Submission deadline approaches (7pm (BST) on Sunday 17th September 2023). Follow this link to register and create your account now: https://filmfreeway.com/pages/how-it-works
2. After you have created your account, upload your film directly to your account in the “My Project” area.
3. After you have uploaded your film to your account you will need to submit your film directly to the Puppet FIlm Challenge. Follow this link – https://filmfreeway.com/Bristol48hPuppetFilmChallenge or search Bristol Puppet on FilmFreeway and it should pop up.
4. Use the Password PUPPETRY all caps (and make sure there is no space after the word) when submitting to any category.
5. If you are entering an additional Category (ie, Best of Bristol, 16-21, Under 15) please submit your film to the specific category as well as the main “Bristol 48 Puppet Film Challenge” . You will still be judged as part of the main Challenge and eligible for Top Ten and Placement.
6. If you are not entering an additional category please submit your film to the “Bristol 48h Puppet Film Challenge” Category.
7. Answer all the questions, and the “add to cart and check out” button should light up. If the button doesn’t light up. Check that you have followed the steps above. Refresh the submission if all else fails.
8. Push the “add to cart and check out” button, and you will be on the next page where you can “Complete Order”. After completing you will see a congratulation message, and shortly after an email saying “Checkout Success”
Well done! We now have your film!
9. After the Challenge we will be requesting (via FilmFreeway) to Download your film. Please give us permission so we can download your film to curate the Film Festival and Finale.
10. Please make sure you have read the Rules and T&C’s of the Challenge to make sure your film qualifies for judging.
11. Please SUBTITLE your film/s, as we want this Challenge to be as inclusive as possible.
12. We will have team members on standby to help over the weekend, but we can not guarantee how quickly we will be able to respond to problems. Please refer to the FAQs on the website first as you may find your answer there. If we don’t respond instantly to your email, we will do! But time differences and other questions may slow us down so please be patient!
13. This is FilmFreeway’s advice on film formats: “FilmFreeway accepts all major video formats in full quality HD up to 10 GB”.
14. Remember to leave enough time for uploading your film – it can take a while especially if your internet access is slow! We recommend leaving at least an HOUR to do this.